Free Energy is an investment company implementing projects in the area of renewable energy on Ukrainian territory. The company’s main focus is development, construction and operation of power plants that utilize renewable energy sources:
- Small hydro power plants
- Wind power plants
- Solar power plants
- Bioenergy projects
- Energy storage systems (ESS)
Today, the main focus area of Free Energy is the development of small hydro power plants (micro, mini or small ones) with the power capacity of 100 kW to 10 MW. Over the next 3-5 years, the company plans to construct and commission a number of small hydropower plants with the total power capacity of 10-12 MW. Thus, in 2016, Svobodna Energiya LLC, a subsidiary of Free Energy, is to commence the construction of the first two small hydropower plants in Zhytomyr region. Overall, the company is developing several small hydropower plant projects in Zhytomyr region with power capacity ranging from 100 kW to 2 MW.
In the process of developing renewable energy power plant projects, Free Energy performs the following activities:
- search and designation of land plots for the construction of renewable energy facilities
- design of power plants, obtaining permits and technical documents
- construction and pre-commissioning work
- connection to power networks
- commissioning of facilities and the receipt of the green tariff
At each stage of the project implementation, Free Energy involves specialized Ukrainian and foreign companies: design and construction organizations and power plant equipment manufacturers.